The Value of Search Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (or SEO) has been a major web marketing strategy over the last two decades. SEO has gained more attention since 2007, especially when the economy dropped and businesses were looking for more affordable ways to promote their products and services.
The key role of SEO is to improve a website’s rank in search engines, leading to an increased number of visitors to your website. As more businesses discover the efficiency and reachability of online marketing, they realize the value of ranking well in search engines.
Because more and more businesses (including your competitors) are using SEO, reaching number one in search results is becoming much more competitive. To acquire top rankings for key relevant search phrases, many companies outsource their online optimization needs to an experienced SEO marketing firm, so it receives the time and effort required for the best results.
What Effective SEO Implementation Delivers
- Improve your rankings in search engines.
- Appear on more search engines.
- Increase the number of keywords that customers use to search and find you.
- Improve the relevancy of visitors who come to your site. If their level of interest is greater than the average visitor, they’re more likely to take action on your site and increase your number of conversions/leads.
- Identify weaknesses in your online presence and ways to improve them.
While search engine sites send visitors to your site, other websites that also send you web visitors are typically called “referring sites” or Inbound Referrals. Inbound referrals (or leads) are links to other websites that their visitors clicked to reach your website.
Inbound Marketing is an important tactic in search optimization. Link Building is a very competitive marketing strategy. While it should be approached very cautiously, building a quality inbound link network is more powerful when it’s pursued continually. See Inbound Marketing learn why you want more referrals from high-quality, relevant websites.
While SEO’s role is to increase traffic and the level of relevant web visitors, it’s not exactly the main cause of customer conversions on your site. Optimization can support and improve the other factors involved, but those other elements should be addressed to increase engagement and customer conversions. See Conversion Marketing, which discusses the importance of engaging and converting customers online.
When is the Best Time to Optimize?
The most effective time to begin search optimization is during the initial planning stages of the web design. A thorough SEO analysis can identify tools, features, and content that would strengthen your site’s ranking and conversion success. Trying to incorporate certain elements after the design phase has been completed can hinder the next stage of development or impede the optimization’s effectiveness.
The earlier that SEO is incorporated into developing your online strategy, the more efficient and better the results. Successful optimization can provide valuable input that reinforces the visitor’s experience and along varying levels of engagement. Take advantage of having your SEO strategist work with your web designer and programmer. For clients requesting search optimization services, our SEO strategist gets involved at the start.
An experienced web marketing team gathers input from a variety of resources. From the website’s traffic history, client feedback, the site’s targeted customers, competitive efforts, and results… these are all used to identify key strengths and challenges that need to be addressed. Search engine marketing tactics are initiated and customized based on how they will positively influence your users’ experiences and their actions on your site.
Top Reasons Why Businesses Need SEO
Among the main reasons why businesses need search engine optimization, we’ve discovered the following from our ongoing:
- People can’t buy your products or services if they can’t find you.
- An SEO Workout helps you identify what’s relevant to customers, your industry, and your business.
- An active SEO program helps you identify trends and what’s missing on your website and in your marketing plan.
- A proactive SEO strategist keeps your online competition “below the fold”*.
- It’s your 24/7 salesforce that promotes your brand across the digital sphere
Our Basic SEO Service Package
K-Kom’s Basic SEO services include the following during your site’s initial setup and throughout your monthly maintenance program:
- Define your business goals and expectations
- Define and implement ways to measure conversions and show successes
- Research your target market
- Define your geographic market
- Assess your online competitors and industry
- Research and identify top search terms used by your target audience
- Implement optimization throughout your site: in content, in the code, in links and navigation.
- Monitor how visitors use your site
- Verify each month how your website ranks on the search pages of the top search engines.
- Use all this information to recommend additional ways to add value to visitor’s experience.
- Implement best practices based on changes in search engine algorithms.
How an SEO Strategist Improves Your Rankings
At K-Kom, our web marketing strategist works closely with each SEO client, keeping content optimized with fresh and relevant keywords. Fresh updates are extremely important to search engines, but mostly to your customers who are always searching for the best information value.
Adding new content to your site can include industry, company or product news; relevant article summaries or links; new FAQs; case studies; testimonials; recommendations; interviews; videos; or educational/training material. It’s vital to keep your new content relevant to potential customer’s needs, as well as your current or long-term customers’ needs. When’s the last time you asked your customers what they would find more helpful on your website?
Search Engine Optimization Tips
- Monitor your search engine ranking position
- Discover and use highly searched keywords
- Submit to search engines, industry directories, and relevant sharing sites
- Create a sitemap
- Use search-friendly web paths
- Avoid a completely flash site (embedding flash elements are totally fine)
- Provide image descriptions to assist visually-impaired visitors
- Improve and add more relevant content and materials
- Increase social media usage and provide links to relevant pages for others
- Link to credible related sites